One Capitol Police Officer Injured, And Another One Dead After Man Rammed A Car Into Them

:) Share If You Care!

Two Capitol Police officers were injured, one seriously (Has Died), when a man rammed a car into them & got out of the attack vehicle with a large blade. The man has been shot dead.

Latest Update: The man who rammed a car into Capitol Police officers, killing one, has been identified as Noah Green. Green was armed with a large blade when he was shot dead. On social media, he identified as a follower of the black nationalist Nation of Islam movement.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the lockdown at the U.S. Capitol complex (all times local):

2:45 p.m.

U.S. Capitol Police say an officer has died after a suspect rammed his car into two officers and lunged at officers with a knife before being shot.

Acting Chief Yogananda Pittman says the officer died after Friday’s incident but did not immediately provide additional details. The officer’s identity was not released.

Pittman says the suspect rammed a barricade near the U.S. Capitol. She says the suspect then exited the vehicle with a knife and lunged at the officers. The suspect was shot and died at the hospital.



2:35 p.m.

Two law enforcement officials tell The Associated Press that the driver who rammed a car into two police officers outside the U.S. Capitol has died after being shot by authorities.

The officials said both Capitol Police officers were taken to the hospital, with at least one in serious condition. The suspect died at a hospital.

The crash happened at a security checkpoint that is typically used by senators and staff on weekdays, but lawmakers are away for recess. Fencing that prevented vehicular traffic near that area was recently removed.

Capitol Police said that someone rammed a vehicle into two of its officers. The law enforcement officials told the AP that the driver then got out of the car with what appeared to be a knife. It’s unclear which member of law enforcement shot the suspect.


2:25 p.m.

The U.S. Capitol remained on lockdown Friday afternoon after a car rammed a barricade outside the Senate, though the building was largely empty due to a two-week recess.

Alerts sent out by police said that people in the Capitol were not allowed to exit the building while the police were responding to the incident, in which the driver got out of the vehicle while appearing to brandish a knife before being shot by authorities. But the hallways were mostly empty despite the chaos outside.

The Capitol complex has been on high alert since the Jan. 6 attack by former President Donald Trump’s supporters, which left five people dead. National Guard troops who have guarded the building since then were seen mobilizing around the area of the incident.

The car hit a barricade just outside the Senate, on a street that had recently been reopened after the Jan. 6 insurrection.


2:10 p.m.

The suspect who rammed two U.S. Capitol Police officers at a barricade appeared to have a knife and was shot by police.

That’s according to two law enforcement officials who spoke to The Associated Press on Friday. The officials could not discuss an ongoing investigation and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

The officials say the suspect was critically wounded and was taken into custody.

The incident happened at a checkpoint near the Capitol. The Capitol complex was locked down after the shooting.

Updates Below

BREAKING: Suspect Killed in Capitol Car Attack Identified

Aidan McLaughlin

The suspect who rammed his car into two Capitol Police officers, killing one and injuring another on Constitution Avenue Friday, has been identified. The suspect was shot dead by police after ramming his car into a barricade and then charging at police with a large knife.

NBC News reported that the suspect is Noah Green, 25, of Indiana.

Law enforcement officials told NBC News reporter Pete Williams that Green, who was from Indiana but may have had ties to Virginia, said on his Facebook that he was a follower of the Nation of Islam.

Police reviewed Green’s Facebook page, where he said he had recently lost his job and was looking for spiritual guidance.

This story is breaking.